Thursday, 6 December 2012

Brisk walking


I'm very fond of brisk walking. Many people in "El Valle" often see me walking at a fast pace by the roadside, up hill and down dale.

I think brisk walking is an excellent way to keep fit. This type of moderate exercise can bring you multiple health benefits without some of the risks associated with high-intensity sports practice. It is good for body and mind.

This subject, as others before, takes me back to England. While living in Chesham, I used to walk from that town to nearby Amersham, where the Tesco supermarket was. If memory serves, these towns were about 2 miles apart but, fortunately, I could walk on the pavement all the way. This fact is not to be overlooked when there is a possibility of being run over by heavy traffic!

Back in Spain, brisk walking is better here as there isn't much traffic on the route I follow almost every day. This means I can enjoy the fresh air and admire the scenery without the continual distraction of cars zooming past.

If you want to learn more about the benefits of brisk walking, check out this video.


2 comments:

  1. Here in New York, everyone walks briskly. I think it's the pace of life. But doing so in a park or on the beach is great exercise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True. But I'm fortunate enough to be able to walk surrounded by nature, not in a city, and that's even more enjoyable.

      Delete