Monday 15 October 2012

Moving towards a huge movie collection


Ever since I started buying DVDs until the more recent BDs (Blu-ray Discs), it has been my wish to build up an extensive collection of great movies in English. At present, this collection is rather modest numbering just 75 titles.

Unfortunately, the current state of the economy in Spain means I can only add to this collection every two or three months. I usually buy three or four BDs then, mostly old movies released in high definition (a few weeks ago I bought Dr. No and it looks amazing). Still, I have plenty to choose from and I also enjoy watching some of my favourite TV series on Blu-ray.

My collection encompasses a variety of genres: 

Epic and adventure - Gladiator, Braveheart,  Dances with Wolves, Legends of the Fall, The Last of the Mohicans, etc.

Comedy - Scary Movie, The Naked Gun, Ghostbusters, Twins, etc.

Romance - Pretty Woman, The English Patient, Pride and Prejudice, etc.

Sci-fi - Terminator, Star Wars, Back to the Future, Total Recall, etc.

Action - Mission: Impossible, The Bourne Supremacy, The Fugitive, etc.

Drama - The Shawshank Redemption, Forrest Gump, Titanic, etc.

Thrillers - The Silence of the Lambs, Hannibal, The Hand that Rocks the Cradle, etc.

And so on.

Having a large collection of movies will not only give you lots of entertainment but also help you improve your English. So, what kind of movies do you like watching? Have you got a growing collection? Have you seen any movies in high definition?

No comments:

Post a Comment