Thursday, 22 October 2015

A picture (and words) to learn a lot

In my previous post, I wrote about the importance of pictures, illustrations and videos to facilitate vocabulary acquisition.

Today, I want to present my Facebook page Cuaderno bilingüe, dedicated to learning vocabulary through pictures. A picture may well be worth a thousand words, but I also believe that adding some words to the picture will help students learn vocabulary.

With this aim in mind, I try to post a picture every day on the above-mentioned page, with the corresponding word or phrase in English and Spanish identifying the thing, person or object that the picture shows. Surely, this must be more helpful that learning vocabulary in isolation.

You can have a look at the page (even if you don´t have a Facebook account) by clicking on the link below:

Cuaderno bilingüe


UPDATE: Now with videos!

No comments:

Post a Comment